"Eww how is that man dressed???"
Let me tell you about the 10 rules men should know about fashion.More specifically, I'll share some insights on the most violated fashion "rules". But before we get in to that, let's start with the basics of looking sharp. First you should determine your style, what kind of man you are, and how you would like to present yourself. Your style tells a lot about your personality and who you are. How you present yourself is especially important for your first impression. Psychology Today journal reminds of this important fact: "Even if we are presented with lots of evidence to the contrary, we're attached to our initial impressions of people." Men need to be especially ready when creating that first impression. In the business world, this is part of your personal branding- marketing yourself. Regardless of your personal style and personality, there are some fashion rules that hold:
1) Match your shoes and belt. Wear a belt that is the same color of the shoes you are wearing.
2) Never wear socks with sandals.
3) Never wear a work suit with white socks.
4) Running shoes should be only worn during sporty activities.
5) Forget about the black dress shirt and white tie combinations. It is tough to pull this combination off.
7)Do not wear too much of the same pattern.
8) Do not dress from head toe in the same color. Match colors that blend in nicely together.
9) If you wear glasses, keep your glasses up-to-date.
10) Do not wear over sized clothes thinking you will look thinner when, in reality it give the opposite effect.